Sunny Coast Health and Fitness

Sunny Coast Health and Fitness
Information. Inspiration. Community

Thursday 5 November 2015

Meet The SCH&F Team: Primal Influence

Name: Clint
Role: Health and Fitness Coach
Business: Primal InfluenceArea Located: Sunshine Coast
Age: 35
Years in Industry: 7 years
Qualifications: Personal Trainer and MovNat Trainer
Experience: Previously worked in gyms and studios in Darwin and on the Sunshine Coast, own outdoor/mobile business since 2011. Training 1-on-1, partner and groups.
Interests: Natural movement and play, exploring nature, fishing, camping, reading
What makes you passionate about the health and fitness industry:
For most of my life I was obese and lacked motivation to exercise. Luckily, that all came to an end when I joined a workplace Biggest Loser-type competition. My starting weight was 113kg and when I won the competition I weighed 95kg. That was many years ago and it actually lead me to a career as Personal Trainer so I could help others wanting to lose weight and get fit. I began as a typical Personal Trainer, using free-weights and machines and working in gyms and studios. Over the last few years, meeting new people and continually learning more about natural health, I discovered Natural Movement and Play and have evolved my training style to include truly functional and fun movements with my own training and my clients.
I am very passionate about educating people on the benefits of exercising less and playing more. Instead of "working out" for 45 mins each day I show people (even the incredibly busy people) how they can integrate movement into the day. Movements that will not only increase strength and fitness but also promote happiness, joy and may one day even save their life. Another aspect of what I do is taking a long-term and sustainable approach to achieving wellness, and putting a lot less emphasis on weight loss, but more so just good health and happiness. To find out more about my story and what it is I do feel free to check out some of the blog posts and podcasts I've been a guest of, at
http://www.primalinfluence.com/#!us-in-the-media/ctjl


 
 
Name: Aimee
Role: Paleo Cooking Workshops / Health and Fitness Coach
Business: Primal Influence
Area Located: Maroochydore
Age: 32
Years in Industry: 10
Qualifications: Personal Trainer
Experience: Paleo cooking: teaching myself healthy cooking over the last 4 years. Health and Fitness Coaching: 6 years as a personal trainer in gyms, studios and outdoors in Brisbane and Darwin - training 1-on-1, partner and groups. More recently working within allied health and natural medicine as Reception and Admin.
Interests: Camping, fishing, craft, culture, natural movement and play, exploring nature
What makes you passionate about the health and fitness industry: I have chronic health issues and a permanent lower back condition so to be almost totally pain-free now and to be on the right track to good health and healing, I want to help others achieve that if I can. Since coming across paleo-based eating and natural movement and receiving so much benefit from living more naturally, as humans are designed, I'm really passionate about natural health and want to share it with others.

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/primalinfluence/
Instagram: @primalinfluence
 

No comments:

Post a Comment