Sunny Coast Health and Fitness

Sunny Coast Health and Fitness
Information. Inspiration. Community

Friday 27 November 2015

Accelerate Health and Fitness: 7 Reasons Why The World Is More Pissed Off With Network Marketers Than Network Marketing Itself.

As someone with a (very small and local) social media presence in the Fitness Industry I have been approached by every network marketing company/mainline marketing business/ "not a pyramid scheme" known to man. I'm not going to name them. I don't need to. We have all got the one friend or co-worker who is using or has used one of them before and we know how much they like to talk about it ALLLLL the time! There are a butt load of them out there and there are new ones every three months that are "totally different to anything else on the market".
I have no objection to how anyone chooses to spend their money or the actions which to they to improve their health and fitness. If I see something dangerous or unethical I'm the first to speak up but at the end of the day if it gets you where you want to be, more power to you!
What I do object to are some of that "sales techniques" used to try to recruit me! I object to those BIG TIME!

First of all let me start by saying this, If you're going to copy and paste your approach to me be sure to get my name right.
My name isn't "Joe" and it sure as hell isn't "Sarah". No, these are not random names. They are just two examples of the dozen or so wrong names I have been approached with. This is so obvious but it really does happen a lot more than you might think. Take the time to address the person you're contacting by their actual name and save yourself coming across like an idiot!
 
 
Secondly, don't tell me that you think this would be an "amazing opportunity" for me to spread my business further, or that you did it and now you don't have to do face to face Personal Training anymore.
You don't know a thing about my business. How do I know that? Because the only person who knows where my business is and where I want it to be in the future is ME! The "marketing gurus" who came up with that line use it to try and trick me into thinking that I need you. I don't. Im doing fine by myself. If I needed you I would have searched you out! Talk to me like an equal instead of like my lifesaver.
Furthermore, 'scuse my French, but I fucking LOVE my job and I fucking LOVE that I get to do face to face PT. The fact that you see not doing face to face as a positive means you were either not suited to being a trainer or you were probably a shit trainer. It is a tough industry to crack and if you don't love it with every fibre of your body then it just isn't for you. Talk to your "target" and ask them if they are even looking for a side income or want to get into something different. And use those words. Don't tell them you have an "amazing opportunity" for them. I'm well aware that you stand to gain plenty if I sign up.

Objection Number 3 ...If I am sceptical don't get abusive.
Dialogue...
Mitch - "Do you have any research to back your product or explain the product and it's ingredients?"
Approacher - "Look Mitch, I'm offering you a great opportunity. Take it or leave it.
Mitch - "I really just want to know more about that product. I wouldn't take random substances off a bloke at the pub without knowing what it was so I'm not just going to blindly take it off you."
Approacher - "You're obviously not a very good Personal Trainer because you clearly don't have an open mind and you obviously don't want to help your clients because my substance cures cancers, walks your dog and can clean the grime marks from your shower."

I may have embellished what the product can do a little, but I tend to shut down when someone says I'm not open minded for trying to learn more about the product they're trying to sell to me and to have me sell to my clients. I started my business with $10 to my name and have worked on it every day of my life for six years. I'm protective of my reputation and the product I sell to my clients. I trust my training whole heartedly. I've earned that. You don't earn the same trust after a two paragraph sales pitch. If you don't have the answers, say so. I'll find them for you if you don't act like a jerk!

Together with the point I make above, Your marketing material is NOT science. No business is going to use all the shit things about their product to advertise itself! Coke doesn't advertise the fact that when I was a cook we used to use it to soak burnt sauce pots overnight to save ourselves a lot of hard work and about twenty minutes per pot. If it is a pamphlet with a before and after photo of one person or the blog of another seller this is purely anecdotal and is not science.

If you know me don't bullshit me with small talk. If you don't know me talk to me before you try to sell to me. You will soon realise not to bullshit me. This is more for my benefit than yours.

This one is a bit obvious too however it needs to be said, Don't use a line like "How do you know until you try it?" I've never used heroin but I've heard it's pretty bad for me. This will be my response every time and will only persuade a fool.

 
Finally, Know your product. If you tell me it is better for me than Red Bull...
A) So is kicking my shin on a toe ball. Big deal.
B) Be able to explain how and why IN DETAIL.
C) Be sure that is actually true. You will approach someone who already knows that what you're saying is bullshit or will do their research and prove you wrong.


* If you don't know why this meme is funny message me and I will dispel the myth of the evil Glutenz.

Like I said above, I have no issue with anyone buying any product or training method if it genuinely makes them healthier and fitter. That said, for the most part, I don't have much objection to anyone selling those products either. It's really none of my business. But when you approach me, do it the right why. It won't help your chances with me, I'm all set, but I won't think you're a dickhead and we will both have a much better day.

Thanks for reading and please send all hate mail to the admin of this page.

Mitch, Accelerate Health and Performance
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/acceleratehealthandperformance/
Instagram: @mitchellknightpt

No comments:

Post a Comment