Sunny Coast Health and Fitness

Sunny Coast Health and Fitness
Information. Inspiration. Community

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Meet The SCH&F Team: Paul's Body Engineering

 
Name: Paul Hooper
 
Business: Paul's Body Engineering
 
Area Located: Caloundra to Maroochydore and Online
 
Age: 37
 
Years in the Industry: First Year as a PT

Qualifications:
  • Cert 3 & 4 Fitness,
  • First Aid,
  • Macronutrient & Exercise Certification
  • Managing Good Nutrition Certification
  • Weight Management Certification
  • Nutrition & Metabolic Syndrome Certification
  • Also qualified in Business, Engineering, Local Government, Sustainability, Project Management, Property Services, Project Management, Competitive Manufacturing and Frontline Management
 
Experience: I played grade and representative Rugby Union for over ten years.
As a junior I was successful in Golf and Tennis. I have also represented Australia in mixed netball. Currently I compete as a Natural Bodybuilder.
 
 
Interests: Bodybuilding, Rugby League, Travel, Photography, Family, Movies

What makes you passionate about the health and fitness industry:

My journey in fitness started when I was still a teenager whereby attending a private school and being male instantly meant I was destined to play Rugby Union. Fortunately I developed some attributes that suited this sport and after leaving school continued to play for my local club and even represented the Sunshine coast over a 10 year period.

I was struck down with injury in my late twenties and decided to travel instead spending three years overseas. Upon my return I tried to get back into Rugby but seemed to lack the passion and drive I once had. It was time to turn my hand at a new endeavour. Due to some circumstances I found myself with a free 6 month membership to a local gym. I had some idea of weight training however never really educated myself. I became addicted to the ‘pump’ as they call it, and found myself training 3-4 days a week. From a scrawny 76kg 188cm individual, over three years I managed to get up too 96kg. At the time I thought this was all muscle however having now been through the process of getting qualified in fitness and prepping for a Bodybuilding season I now know it was uncontrollable bulking and I was carrying a lot of body fat.

In preparation for my first season as a Bodybuilder, I was educated to track my food intake by way of macro tracking. This is the science of measuring your carbs, proteins and fats in order to successfully fuel your body with what it needs for energy and recovery whilst stripping any unnecessary body fat you may be carrying. I went from 96kg to a competitive stage weight of 78kg. Through this 10 month process I became the strongest, fittest, healthiest and leanest I have ever been and with the guidance of my coach, had a successful first season.
This process is not for everyone however the education I learnt from this as well as my qualifications in fitness have now given me the tools to provide anyone with correct guidance for weight loss, muscle gain or just generally want to improve their well being and lifestyle. Macro tracking is quiet easy and anyone can do it and it is not a case of only eating clean healthy food every single day. To give you an example, I often ate ice cream, pancakes, yoghurt, and even hot chips. Once you understand what fits into your tracking, anything is possible.
Ok, so this may all sound good for someone to write about but there is always hesitation when starting a new journey or goal or even the occasional excuse. I know I made a few. Honestly the best thing you can do is to simply get started. Once you start and commit and set short term goals at first, your desire and drive takes over. And before you know it results are evident, compliments are forthcoming and you feel much better about yourself and the decision you made.
My passion lies in helping others. yes you will hear this a lot, but given the level of poorly processed and take away foods in our society, obesity and healthy eating habits as well as an inactive lifestyle are very prevalent and if I can change the course of just a few individuals lives each year then I have done my job.

 
What I'll Be Talking About:
My posts will includes various recipes including the macro breakdown showing how easy it is to eat clean and still have a substantial meal that fuels the body adequately. I will also write about various foods in society that are good and bad.
I would like to discuss training techniques, training and weightloss myths and also discuss supplementation and the need for this when training. All of this will be based on my own personal experience.


 

Mobile: 0466 587 643

Instagram: @paulsbodyengineering





No comments:

Post a Comment