Sunny Coast Health and Fitness

Sunny Coast Health and Fitness
Information. Inspiration. Community

Wednesday 3 February 2016

JascasFit Activewear: I Call Bulls***


'I Call Bulllll-Shit'


We where watching a movie a few weeks ago call “How to lose a guy in 10 days” and the main characters played by Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey are playing a card game with his family called “Bull Shit”.  The aim of the game was to bluff your opponent on the cards that you have in your hand and if they believe you are bluffing then you can call “Bull Shit”.  If you are correct then they must pick up the deck if not then you have to pick up the deck.

This got me thinking how often do I call bullshit on my mind (or do I really ever)?

I thought this would be relatively easy to do although it turns out it is easy to say, easy to catch your mind giving you excuses and easy to call bullshit on what I was telling myself.  But so much harder to actually make the change and call the bluff on the excuses my mind is giving me.

You know what, it takes a lot of courage to call a bluff on your mind, it takes courage to push through that fear that is holding you back.  In most cases I could see what I wanted, could see what I need to do and could see the step I need to do, yet my fear was holding me back, my mind was giving me every excuse under the sun.  I did call bullshit and it helped although I still needed to take the next step.

One of my biggest fears is me making a fool of myself, and from this I have missed some amazing opportunities, with one recently still very fresh in my mind and heart.  I am not a good dancer and as such avoid it, I did this recently at a friends wedding when my beautiful wife wanted to dance, I avoided it and even when our wedding song “You’re the one I want” from the Grease Movie came on I still did not get up.  My body and heart wanted to although my mind would not let me and I missed dancing with the most beautiful girl in the room.  It still brings tears to my eyes that I let fear stop me.

Looking back now, no one in the room would have cared how I danced, my beautiful wife would have had a grin from ear to ear and I would have been on a high that:
1) I was dancing and having fun
2) I had call bullshit on my mind and the big one I had taken a step. 
I know many of you would say dancing big deal, but for me this is a big one and a real reminder that I need to push through the fear to get to something better and don’t miss those opportunities. 

My point and my challenge to you is this, yes call bullshit on your mind and to catch your excuses and the BS you tell yourself (we all do it) BUT have the courage to take the next step because you know what it will most likely take you to something better!

 Remember it is your Fun Active Life.




Ben & Kathryn

Jaycasfit Activewear

No comments:

Post a Comment