Sunny Coast Health and Fitness

Sunny Coast Health and Fitness
Information. Inspiration. Community

Monday 23 January 2017

JaycasFit Activewear (Ben): Grateful To Those Who Influenced My Life


With the first month of the New Year almost over, we’ve seen everyone putting up posts (us included), on “New Year New You” and how it is now time to kick ass, change your world etc. Change is great, but why can’t we be grateful for the life we have and the people who have influenced us to this point in our lives? ‘

Allow me to tell you something I learnt over the Christmas New Year period.

On Christmas eve there was a post put on Facebook about a lady who I went to school with way back in the 1980’s. She was a fun loving, easy going and fiercely protective of those who where lucky enough to call her a friend.  She was one of the only people who accepted Kathryn my girlfriend (now wife) into our group with no questions and always made her feel welcome.

This beautiful soul passed away on Christmas eve with her family around her (can not even imagine how this would feel), she had been fighting cancer for the last 3 years.

To be honest, I have not seen her since I was at college some 25 years ago. Although through the magic of social media have seen posts on what she was doing, not a very good friend on my behalf.  I can not sit here and think that I have any right to tell you about her life, her family, her husband, her kids or the amazing things she did since I saw her last, although many did through her Facebook posts.

These people who were closest to her and knew her best shared some of the things that she had inspired them to do in their lives, how she had influenced them for the better.
I do not know if they shared these stories with her before she passed away or not, but it got me thinking… Why do we wait to tell the people who positively influenced us in our lives when they pass away, through words we write or speak in reflection of them. I know I have done this myself.

This also got me thinking of the people who influenced me in my life, the people who helped me get through high school, like my best mate Dave, who on many occasions pointed me in better directions. 
Or the people you meet later in life, like a mentor of mine Matt, that took a risk on me and allowed me to see and believe in my strengths again. 
There is so many over the years, there is even some that at the time I considered negative experiences, yet if they did not happen my life would be so much different. An example of this was my parents getting divorced, awful at the time yet if this had not happened I would have never meet Kathryn, got married and had 2 beautiful kids.

Have I told the people who I feel have influenced my life? Not always. Although I have started telling them when I see them or feel I can express in words how grateful I am.

So my question is, have you told those people who influenced you to make your life better (both past and present) how grateful you are?
Have you expressed how they have impacted your journey?
If not, give it some thought.
Maybe its time to give thanks and gratitude.
Watch their eyes and face light up that they have made such an impact to another soul, which will light you up as well.

 









Remember it is your Fun Active Life.
Ben & Kathryn 
Jaycasfit – Inspire Greatness
Web:       www.jaycasfit.com.au
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jaycasfit
Instagram: @jaycasfit_activewear


No comments:

Post a Comment