Sunny Coast Health and Fitness

Sunny Coast Health and Fitness
Information. Inspiration. Community

Sunday 1 January 2017

GUEST BLOG: Cooking A Bun Isnt Always Fun (Meagan): #mumbod

What is a #mumbod? I believe it can be what you want it to be. Be it a size 6 or a size 14. Be it stretch mark city or clean of any white lines. Be it tight and taught or stretched beyond belief. I was accepting of mine after I had my first child, but not after my second. I hated my 90kg something self. I had mental health issues and I needed help. Along came healthy eating and Carly from The Bod Squad Health & Fitness.

You know why I love the shit out of Carly? Firstly, she is a mum. I dig that. I love her way of thinking. That she wants mums to be comfortable in their own skin, no matter what it is. Carly is all for pushing yourself, WITHOUT the pressure. You don’t have to look like or be like Emily Skye or Kayla Itsines. Don’t take that the wrong way, they have amazing bodies. But they also haven’t had children. Pregnancy and child birth changes our bodies. Us as women need to try and embrace that change as best we can. Carly wants happy mums, healthy mums, strong mums and most importantly she wants mums to STOP hammertime thinking that they should be fit AND SKINNY. So HI, here I am. I’m Meagan and I write the pregnancy and motherhood blog Cooking a Bun Isn’t Always Fun. Oh  and also here is my stretched skin, stretch marks and everything else. Today I took these and I'm gob smacked (you can find my original photo on my facebook page).


I accept that I'll forever have stripes and loose skin and I'm okay with that. I fuel my body with good foods and don't feel guilty when I have a cheat day. I work out 5-6 times a week. My anxiety and depression are both nearly gone after a huge battle this year, something I never want to let get the best of me again. I used to want to be 60kgs again, and now in the 70's I realise the scales really are just a number because I am happier, healthier and stronger. I'm all about fitting a comfortable size 10 and loving myself. I’m a long way from being completely happy in my skin but I am working hard. And without Carly and her mindset I couldn’t have come this far! To all the mums; learn to love yourselves. That should come first.

Meagan:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cookingabunisntalwaysfun/
Instagram: @cookingabunisntalwaysfun
Carly:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheBodSquadHealthandFitness/
Instagram: @thebodsquadhealthandfitness

No comments:

Post a Comment