Sunny Coast Health and Fitness

Sunny Coast Health and Fitness
Information. Inspiration. Community

Tuesday 1 March 2016

GUEST BLOGGER: Rob Wallace


Let me introduce myself... My name is Rob Wallace and I love to run! I'm 26years of age and spend a lot of my time outside of work trail running through the Sunshine Coast hinterland around Mapleton and Glasshouse. I am relatively new to the Sunshine Coast, growing up in the suburbs of Brisbane. I decided to call the Sunshine Coast home in the beginning months of 2015, and have never looked back.
The words ‘a lot can happen in 12 months’ couldn't be any more true. I began my fitness journey around September 2013 weighing in at 110kg.
Quickly finding a passion for running and healthy living I found myself changing, my attitude became positive and my days filled with more purpose and my image became more acceptable to my own self.
It started off as a selfish movement wanting to be happier and well....just wanting change.

You can read my full story here:
http://www.mizuno.com.au/running/blog/rob-wallace-from-overweight-unhappy-to-the-blackall-100-ultra-marathon/

Since relocating Maroochydore has become my running paradise! The early mornings watching the sunrise over the water. The many others training on Alex Headland hill, the runners and walkers scattered throughout the coastline. The vibe of this place has sucked me right in!
Loving the coast has become such an easy thing to do, you get the full package here. Weekdays are filled with routine training runs along the water, strength and conditioning gym 2 to 3 times a week followed by a full weekend of just being outside. The beaches are beautiful and the mountains around are a privilege to climb, the water around has plenty of places to explore on the kayak and I'm still on the hunt for that perfect fishing spot ;)
Inspiration doesn't fall short on the coast, I have been lucky enough to be involved in some great community running groups in Maroochydore and Nambour. The people at these clubs have become my Coast family seeing many rise from struggling to run 1km to signing up for a half marathon 5months down the track.
We all get together each week to help one another to achieve our next best. We would love everyone to come along and give it a shot! Monday nights 6pm Jetts Nambour or come down to Rebel Sports Maroochydore Wednesday 6pm and meet some pretty inspiring people. Also it's free :D




Facebook: Robskee Wallace
Instagram: @robskeewally




No comments:

Post a Comment