Sunny Coast Health and Fitness

Sunny Coast Health and Fitness
Information. Inspiration. Community

Wednesday 6 April 2016

JaycasFit Activewear (Ben): Where Do You Sit In The Pack?

A few years ago I was riding in a group of bike riders (Yes, love or hate em) I noticed where I started to ride in the group and where I seemed to always end up, towards the back of the bunch or at least in the last 4 – 6 riders. It got me thinking at the time why did I always end up here, was it because I was polite and allowed other riders to go in front of me, was I avoiding riding at the front because of my fitness level or was the real reason that I was hiding.

Well after looking at the group over a few weeks and months I started to notice it was similar people at the back of the bunch and when I started to look at them from a business / life / social point of view, we where all very similar. At the time I was not doing something I loved, could see no real future in it for me and was just wanting to hang on long enough to survive. This is similar to the feeling at the back of a bunch as you are usually just hanging on to survive the ride, so I was hiding in the ride group and in essence hiding from the world.

Over time I forgot about these observations and continued on with life, made some changes personally and with work. Began working on something (Jaycasfit) that I Love and could see myself doing for the rest of my life. Then I noticed where I was riding in the groups I rode with at the time, I had started to ride at the front, I was prepared to do the work at the front to set the pace and also to go back for people who had dropped off the back of the bunch and bring them back up to finish the ride with us all. I was seeing myself as someone who is prepared to work when needed, assist people who where not as fit as me yet and graviting to the front 4-6 riders, I had become someone "I" was proud of.

When I picked up on this I started to look at myself to see what had changed. Yes I had moved job or work and I was happy with what I was working on but most of all I had started to believe in myself and my possible future. I had started to believe in my power, my strength, my potential and not over someone else but in myself. I still go to the back of the bunch to rest after working at the front although I do not stay there for very long or like in the past all the time.

So my question to you is "Where do you sit in your pack", this does not have to be a riding, running, swimming or gym group, maybe your group of friends, a mothers group or anything similar. Are you the one who just goes along with what everyone else is doing or are you the one who is organising, are you the one at the front of the class or the one at the back hiding.

Start to look at the way you are in groups, in class or at the gym. If you see that you are not in the pack where you want to be, make a change. Move forward, take one step forward at a time or take the plunge and go to the front.
Supplied from pin interest
You know you can see more at the front, you can see more of what life is going to throw at you and then decide if you what to catch it or let it go through. As the rule of going on the roller coaster is, it is always more exciting at the front than in the middle to the back.

 
Remember it is your Fun Active Life.
Ben & Kathryn

Jaycasfit Activewear



No comments:

Post a Comment